Program offered in English.
The Contemporary Professional Pastry Making program aims to train people in the pastry profession. This program is geared towards chefs that work in restaurants where part of their tasks are in pastry making.
Pastry makes are multi-skilled and specialize in creating pastries as well as chef-related tasks. In general, they create a variety of pastries, creams, biscuits, cookies, petits fours, small cakes, traditional and contemporary entremets, frozen desserts, chocolate products, pastry decorations as well as plated desserts. Occasionally pastry chefs may be called upon to make other products such as various breads, brioches, and doughnuts. Pastry makers work mostly in hotels and restaurants. They may also work in food stores, cafeterias, catering or in bakeries.
Persons who hold a DVS :
- 1038 Cuisine d’établissement
- OR 1008 Cuisine d’établissement
- OR 1274 Cuisine professionnelle II
- OR 1508 Professional Cooking
- OR 1538 Professional Cooking
- OR 1774 Professional Cooking II
- OR 5311 Cuisine
- OR 5811 Professional Cooking
- OR Have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
- OR Persons practising an occupation related to the program of study.
|Ministry (MEQ) Code:
|Number of Modules:
Certification of Studies
Attestation of Vocational Specialization (A.V.S.)
Please note that the functional prerequisites do not apply to attestation of vocational specialty programs (AVS).