Contemporary Professional Pastry Making, an AVS program, trains students in the pastry profession. Students create a variety of pastries, creams, biscuits, cookies, small cakes, frozen desserts, chocolate products, pastry decorations as well as plated desserts. Students can also make various breads, brioches and doughnuts.
Put Academic Theory Into Practice
Contemporary Professional Pastry Making is geared towards chefs that work in restaurants, where part of their tasks involve pastry making. They may also work in hotels, food stores, cafeterias, catering or in bakeries.
To be eligible for admission to the Pastry Making program, candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
Persons who hold a DVS :
- 1038 Cuisine d’établissement
- OR 1008 Cuisine d’établissement
- OR 1274 Cuisine professionnelle II
- OR 1508 Professional Cooking
- OR 1538 Professional Cooking
- OR 1774 Professional Cooking II
- OR 5311 Cuisine
- OR 5811 Professional Cooking
- OR Have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
- OR Persons practising an occupation related to the program of study.
Please note that the functional prerequisites do not apply to attestation of vocational specialty programs (AVS).
The Contemporary Professional Pastry Making program aims to train people in the pastry profession. This program is geared towards chefs that work in restaurants where part of their tasks are in pastry making.
Program Fees & Materials
Materials Purchased at the Centre
Materials Purchased Outside the Centre
(all fields are required)