Secretarial Studies-Legal, an AVS program, teaches secretaries about civil, corporate and administrative procedures, and criminal and notarial law. It educates students to conduct proper legal correspondence, both oral and written, to prepare documents required by lawyers, notaries and other persons in the legal field and to carry out general secretarial tasks (covered in the DVS Program, Secretarial Studies). In the interest of continuity and harmonization, the Secretarial Studies-Legal program favors the acquisition of competencies in Secretarial Studies.
Put Academic Theory Into Practice
Students trained in Secretarial Studies-Legal work for law firms or notaries, while others work for the legal departments of large companies, for municipalities, for the federal or provincial government or for trustees or bailiffs.
To be eligible for admission to the Legal Secretarial Studies program, candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
Persons who hold a DVS:
- 5212 Secrétariat
- OR 5177 Secrétariat (Inuktitut)
- OR 5137 Secrétariat
- OR 5078 Secrétariat (Kativik)
- OR 1413 Secrétariat
- OR 1335 Travail de bureau (agent, agente de bureau)
- OR 5712 Secretarial Studies
- OR 5677 Secretarial Studies
- OR 5637 Secretarial Studies
- OR 5578 Secretarial Studies (Kativik)
- OR 1913 Secretarial Studies
- OR 1835 Office Specialist
- OR Have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
- OR Persons practising an occupation related to the program of study.
Most legal secretaries work for law firms or notaries, while others work for the legal departments of large companies, for municipalities, for the federal or provincial government or for trustees or bailiffs.
Program Fees & Materials
Additional information related to the program:
The following items are required for your program of study (to be purchased outside of the centre):
- USB – Memory Stick
Legal Secretarial Studies
(all fields are required)